View Single Post
Old 08-31-2015, 07:43 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Hello Keribang.

So far it seems that most of the carburetor problems have been because of some mechanics that are not good at working on them. There is no magic, but things must be done right.

Riceburner had a problem that was getting worse each time a *head mechanic* worked on his bike. Some of his friends came over and made everything right in a short time just by doing the right cleaning and adjustments.

How is your skill with mechanical things?
Hi Jay,

I would say my mech skills are err... intermediate. I've a mech eng background & at one time owned an auto workshop. My concern is not really taking apart a carb or tuning it - I've done that before though not an expert at it. It is more about if the carb on this bike has a possibility of not being design properly from the start. I read earlier posts that the main jet had to be changed 1 size up to resolve a problem and that points to design problems to me.

But you're right, it is not rocket science to clean & tune a carb, and may be able to just do it myself. I shall keep this bike in consideration for my search. I'm going back to riding after many, many years off the bike & doesn't want to start on big cc bikes until I get my confidence and basic riding skills back in order.

Thank you very for the feedback.