View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM   #4148

Fuel tank capacity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperino View Post
I'm surprised nobody commented on the issue of the smaller-than-announced fuel tank capacity I observed a few pages earlier.

Btw, I just finished reading all 276 pages in this thread. Good job guys, lots of great info here
Hey Peperino, my tank seems way off to. I had the tank off and totally empty, after installing the tank I pushed the bike to the gas station, (couple of hundred feet), this was the first "real" fill up and I was surprised the tanks only took 13.3 liters. Of course during the fill the bike was on it side stand but then I stood it up right to see if there was much more room for fuel, no, not really much more and I'm sure not 3 litters, maybe 7/10ths to get to 14 but that would be full to the top.

I'm going to run it back down to nothing again and and see what I get. I can't imagine, like you, that the gas station is off by that much. And I'll use a different station.

Your right about all the great info in the thread, I've read the whole thing before and scroll through it several times a week.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed.
www.medicalmissionmatters.org