View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #3

fills in the bottom of Mikuni slide

It uses the stock slide, you have to drill the slide for a screw using their jig piece and then you screw a plastic puck to the bottom side of slide. It contours the bottom into a more aerodynamic shape but by filling that void and shaping the flow it also increased the intake signal (e.g. vacuum pulse) and therefore pulls more suction/vacuum on the pilot and needle/main jets. You have to go to a much smaller pilot jet (1/2 or more) because of the increased signal that draws out much more fuel, so you either have to halve the pilot or more, else you'll be running super rich. I can see how it would really draw up the fuel into a better atomization from the main jet and needle let. I plan to give it a try. I think some people have had issues because they didn't tune it properly afterwards and got horrible fuel economy or 8-stroking misses from running too rich.

They may not offer the size we need for the little 23mm ID slide size in the VM26 PZ30 Mikuni carb. Also I think the Slide cut is a 2.0 and they provide 3.5 cut dimensions.

Last edited by Rule308; 10-09-2015 at 04:20 PM.