View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Yes, it's a tedious job adjusting the valves on this bike. There is not a lot of room available to adjust the intake valves, and the exhaust valves are even worse.

I loosen only the left radiator. First I move the regulator/rectifier (RR) out of the way. Then I pull the left radiator back, and hold it out of the way with a bungee cord. I work only on the left side while adjusting the exhaust valves.

I can adjust the valves on my Honda XR650L and Zongshen ZS200GY-2 in a leisurely 45 minutes. I budget 2-3 hours to adjust the valves on my RX3. The Chinese really shoehorned the engine into the frame on this motorcycle.
This ones a challenge for the exhaust valves!

I may remove that bracket for the radiator from the frame next time and work just off the left side. That was giving me a really hard time getting my hand in there.

Maybe a longer or modified feeler would help as well. I'm using some that I "bent" on my own to fit without flexing and throwing off the feeler.

I'm also curious how hard it would be to just remove the stuff in the way from the top and go after the exhaust from there.