View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 01:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdude View Post
...we went across the North Cascades HWY (my favorite road in Washington)
Right? I love that area! Mrs. Weldangrind and I camped at Rasar State Park in August, which is not far from Concrete, WA. It's right on the Skagit river.

Quote:
Then we cut back down to 97 and crossed at the Osoyoos/Oroville crossing and then like mentioned cut over on highway 3 (is that a well known road for motorcycles/scenic drive?)
It is an awesome highway for bikes, but one should try to ride it in June, before it's littered with RV's. It's brutal to try and pass on that road sometimes.

Quote:
...connected with the Trans Canada Hwy and took that to Sumas which was a really easy border crossing, at least compared to all the others I've seen for getting back in to the U.S.
That border crossing is 35 blocks from my house; I cross it nearly every week, to pick up some trinket I bought online. Shipping within continental US is often free, so I have stuff shipped to Sumas. I've built almost entire bikes that way.

Quote:
...This summer I want to do a similar trip, except explore more dirt roads and scenic roads, and make sure the weather will be good for the whole week.
There is an awesome ride (so I've read) that is a forestry service road which runs up the west side of Harrison Lake. It will take you all the way to Duffy Lake Road, at which point you have two options. You can either head east and then ride down the fabulous Fraser Canyon, or head west and ride through Whistler and Vancouver. Both are amazing options.

Quote:
...I gotta say I left very impressed with Canadians and how nice and genuine they were.
I'm very glad to hear that! [/QUOTE]

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer