View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #34

update on hawk

Well 600miles seems to be the sweet spot for the bikes. It finally feels broken in. Shifting nicely and everything, operating smoothy. Need to tighten the chain up however as it gets stuck in nuetral quite often when up shifting into 2nd.

Took the bike to an offroad park today and boy was it it fun. The hawk can really handle some serious off roading!
I hit a few small jumps, nothing extreme, did a few steep hill climbs and drops as well as constant mud water runs in about 1-2 feet of water. After doing the jumps my chain fell off a few times as it was already loose to begin with.

Ended the day with going through what i thought was a small puddle but was almost 3 feet deep and my shifter got caught in orange netting fence. I went down underwater and bike completely submerged. After struggling to get it out of the water and fixing the bent shifter, to my surprise bike started and rode off no problem.

What a great day and the bike took a beating like a champ. No bent wheels, or blown suspension or anything broken besides the bent shifter from getting tangled in the fence.
Attached Images