View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 06:23 AM   #18

I was an 18 year old just finishing high school when the interceptors came out ,and we had a very mild winter that year so everybody took their new bikes out for a first ride one Sunday in February .Well it was mild when they left ,but the temperature dropped freezing the water from the melting snow on the roads sending many bikers into the rhubarb .Anyways I bought a bunch of sport bikes from the insurance companies including two interceptor 750's ,a red one and a blue one .They were the first sport bikes I bought that didn't require any fork work or front wheels ,the aluminum frame collapsed instead ! At the time I worked at the local honda dealer after school ,$753.00 bought me a brand new frame and it took me a day or so to switch all the parts over ( the engine cradle unbolts from the frame allowing very quick engine swaps )other than the chin spoiler and rad that was mangled as well .Those two bikes were virtually brand new and only had 150 km and 185 km on them ,had originally sold for $3200.00 ,I bought them for $106.00 each and offered them up for $2900.00 each and sold them within a few hours of the want ads coming out ( no internet back then to sell them l.o.l.)
They were a pretty cool bike ,easy to work on ,and compared to the many gpz's and the Ducati I bought at the same time ,cheap and easy to repair .