View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #12

Checking back in with an update. Everything is together and it’s up and running. Have about 3 miles on it so far, just basic checks up and down the street in front of my house and getting a feel for the quirks.
I appreciate the advice I received here. Part of my decision to go ahead and pull the trigger was knowing that there was a place to bounce some questions off of others if I got stuck. Luckily that didn’t happen, and overall, it went together pretty smoothly.

I have to say, not having a parts list or assembly instructions, required a little more brainstorming here and there. If you take it slow and think about what next step makes the most sense, you make steady progress.

Since they apparently don't have assembly instructions for these, I put together a summary of the steps while it's fresh in my mind. I’m not sure if I captured every little detail, but hopefully it’s useful for someone else who’s thinking about going this route. I think you need a little mechanical and electrical understanding to make things go easier, but you sure don't need to be a mechanic or anything to do the assembly. I would guess that if you do simple maintenance on your car yourself and try to fix stuff, it'll go pretty easy.

Been waiting for a sunny day here to take some pictures, hopefully get one soon.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Hawk250_assembly_instructions.zip (37.7 KB, 433 views)

Last edited by Torgo; 11-16-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Attachment