View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #1

Grin 2009 Tmec 200 Overhaul

As Promised, here is my post/depiction of the Tmec I bought a few months back for a few hundred bucks. The bike was running and driving up until about 4 weeks ago. I purchased it with: no air filter, broken mirrors, red plastics that had been painted black, no cover for the counter sprocket, holes drilled in the exhaust with a bolt through the middle holding the front and rear pieces together, a broken head stud that had broken the head when removal was attempted by the previous owner tried, front brake lever was broken, a broken speedometer needle, bent handle bars, poorly tuned carburetor, and several other janky home remedies riddled across it from top to bottom.

Here is a list of things I have completed or am aiming to repair/ replace along the way during this rebuild. All photos I have taken are shown at:http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/cb...n0513/profile/

Here are the new bars and grips proceeding the master cylinder and new handle being installed.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

This is the master cylinder being painted after soaking and being cleaned.
[IMG][/IMG]

Originally I had no idea where to find a new brake lever to fit this bike, so I purchased an entirely different master cylinder and lever assembly... Only to find out my brake light switch would not fit. Here is a shot of the OE switch that we ended up staying with. We also stayed with the OE Master and an OE lever that we found from Excaliper.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Though I am still deciding what sprockets to run, here are the pictures of my OE counter sprocket(17T), retainer, and rear sprocket (56T).
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I didn't really take pictures of the plugs that get removed and swapped to the new cluster, but here is the new cluster installed.
[IMG][/IMG]

I'll add more as time allows! I have pictures and stories for days.