View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 05:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
I use Belray air filter oil.
And the Zong Owners Manual funny enough makes no mention of oil as part of maint., just to take the element out and clean the dust out.
Wonder if the factory's tuning and such for EFI took into consideration the additional intake resistance oil in the filter can cause.
Is there a tutorial yet for filter removal? I need to get mine out but it's so damn cold out today...
JB just posted the link for the online tutorial. The CSC Owner's Manual, provided with the bike on DVD, contains the same information on pages 74-75. Both sources state you should oil the air filter.

The foam of the air filter is only a medium to hold the oil. It is the oil which traps the tiny dust particles, and prevents them from joining the fuel/air mixture, and entering the engine. If one doesn't oil the air filter, dust will damage the intake valves and the valve seats, causing valve recession.

The Delphi MT05 ECU and various EFI sensors are constantly working to obtain the perfect, stoichiometric air/fuel ratio of 14.7. The air filter of the RX3 is very large, and is capable of passing more than enough air to support fuel combustion. Therefore, unless you apply an excessive amount of oil, you won't reduce engine performance by oiling the air filter.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894