View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #7

EDIT: I copied this post from another thread and reposted it here.

Great idea! I'm in! Are we making this a chinabike only ride? Just checking! My X-Ranger should be fixed sometime in late Nov. early Dec. and I'll have the new bigger wheels and tires installed by then too. There will be a short break in the action this week for deer season and the healing of my shoulder!

What about a weekend ride? This could be the first Spring ride of the year. Meaning early Spring! We meet on Friday at a central location for everyone that's interested in going. Then we take off on some dualsport routes and fire roads. Nothing to serious. No interstate! All back roads! It may be better to trailer to a central location or just a great riding area and takeoff on our bikes from there. You want to make sure that you have a way home if something happens. I wouldn't want to inconvience someone to have to come and get me if my bike breaks. I have an enclosed trailer that will hold numerous bikes. Probably eight, maybe more, if we stack them! The trailer is 8'X12' with a loading ramp. It would make a great basecamp (especially if it rains) and we could haul all the spare parts, fuel and camping gear we could ever use. That way if some one needs a rescue and repair it could be easily accomplished without a big hassle. My brother-in-law has a Dodge pickup that would also hold a couple bikes. Check the picture at the bottom of my posts. He'll let me borrow it for a weekend. How many of you are within a drive of WV?

Just throwing some ideas out!

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II