View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 09:16 AM   #7

My V-Raptor is stock completely.

There are several reasons. The german TUEV Inspectors would not let it pass their inspections. That includes a measurement of the exhaust fumes. For any change they´d demand certificates for each and everything.....and then some more.

The Raptor is not my only Motorcycle... and it cruises well at 50mph (80Km/h)
Braking in is not done with, after 600mls (~1000Km )

With Raptor 1.0 there was a increase of Performance at about 9000 Km. Though that was not really substantial. But noticeable nevertheless.

Both Raptors (1.0/2.0) reach a bit more than 60mph or even 65 (100 to 105 Km/h) which is exactly what is stated in the registration documents.

However.... the little engine revs like mad, doing that. German federal roads have a speedlimit of 100Km/H (60mph) so cruising along with 50mph/80 Km/h is just fine.
On small and curvy backroads and on rural singlelanes it´s more than enough.

If i want to ride a faster Motorcycle...i ride one. No need to tune for higher topspeed.

German Autobahns which are fabled for having no Speedlimits at all (Partly a fairytale.. because most parts are limited) are a no-go for the V-Raptor. It is possible... but no fun at all...so i do not ride there.

Anyway i don´t ride them with any Motorcycle. (Boredom...your name is Autobahn !)

As the doc says....it´s up to you if you want to make your Raptor a project-bike. Keep us informed about progress and fails.
It will be interesting, that´s for shure.

Happy New Year

Panic Pete

Liberte Egalite Fraternite !

Last edited by Panic-Pete; 01-01-2016 at 05:30 PM.