View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #1

Thumbs Up New + need some help choosing a bike (Bashan/Hawk)

Hi guys,
Im Evelyn, Originally from Israel but currently living in Utah - planning a trip threw the states towards NY on a motorcycle. i haven't got a lot of riding experience except some driving lessons i did for the motorcycle licence (a1, 500 cc) before i came, 4 months ago. im planning to start the trip towards march, and am looking for a 250-300 cc bike. i know its not alot for a long trip but i just decided ill go with it as far as i feel like
threw my search for an enduro bike i fell into an add about the bashan storm 250 cc and haosen hawk 300 cc. first i didn't pay attention to those adds cuz everybody told me not to deal with cheep chines bikes but i wanted to check what other people say about them cuz to me they look perfect (after i change the tires to more of a street riding pair).

so some questions (sorry im really new in this and also in the states everything's different) :

- are the bashan storm 250 / haosen hawk 300 highway legal at all? (im not planing to ride a lot on highways but its important to know)
- do you think for my hight (162 centimeter/64 inch) these bikes will fit?
- anybody who knows... do these bikes have some storage place in them?
- is there a possibility to attach a storage box in the back of the bike or maybe just a way to attach a nap sack?
- is 1800$ a reasonable price for these bikes? and do you think it is wise to buy it from a private dealer i found on ksl? and if not, where is it best to buy from?
- do i have to have an american licence to buy a bike here? and do i have to buy a licence plate (make it street legal) by my self or does the dealer do it?

that's all for now

Evelyn