View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 01:05 AM   #20

Next time you ride through Spud let me know, I'm right near those cross roads (Cheyenne/Nebraska I80 area), we can see about finding a place for food (its hard with food allergies) or maybe we can find a nice road to ride on your way.

More parts came in the mail today so I got some mods done to the bike today got my turn signals working (old flasher was poo for lights in general but never built for LEDs), all the Flasher did was "solid on turn signals" (even with the old school bulbs) doesn't flash anymore... a "Tridon Novita" flasher I picked up from Advance Auto seems to be working so far.

I also tossed the old Fan relay in the trash... I upgraded to a relay that is basically built for constant use (30 amp horn/light/audio relay) not one built to burn out when temps get above 80F outside and you get stuck in traffic or going slow off road for a few hours

Took apart the rear wheel for some much needed brake work and upgrades put on a new Tusk Rotor, Galfer Green Brake Pads, and of course a Stainless Steel Brake Line with new Mag 1 DOT 4 Brake Fluid braking is 100 million times better from when I bought it... I also rebuilt the brake master cylinder a week or so back... braking and pedal feel was a little better after the master cylinder rebuild but still really spongy and poo overall (old brake line bulging and flexing I'm guessing).

Replaced the Air Cutoff Valve/Diaphragm dealy in/on the side of the carburetor and also have a new pilot jet to try out if I feel like digging in the carb any more... Kawasaki recommends a few different pilot jets at my altitude and mods done to the bike

Also got the Eagle Mike "Doo" and Torsion Spring upgrade (and a new set of gaskets) in the mail today. I'm still waiting on the rest of my order, mainly a new exhaust, but it should be here sometime today or tomorrow.

New exhaust arrived and installed I like it, wife said it sounds like a helicopter Didn't get a chance to go for a ride yet, just a test start to check for leaks

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Last edited by Azhule; 02-19-2016 at 09:53 PM.