View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #34

Thanks to all that offered suggestions as to the cause of the metal tapping noise.

Here is another video of the sound:

http://vid42.photobucket.com/albums/...pszldnffs4.mp4

There has been no definitive diagnosis as of now, except that it is an internal engine problem, and that the sound is not at the same speed as engine rpm.

Here are my options:

...Disassemble the engine myself, find and repair the problem, with CSC's telephone/email assistance.

...Remove the engine myself, crate it, find a shipper, and send the engine to CSC. Then reinstall the engine when it is returned.

...Find a local shop to diagnose and repair the problem.

...Ship the whole bike back to CSC to have them diagnose and repair the problem.

In communication with CSC there was no mention of the option published in Joe Berk's blog and book,

"We'll find an independent shop in your area and arrange whatever maintenance your bike needs directly with them."

If someone had ever heard this exact sound before, and it were simply a matter of removing the engine side cover for a repair, I would attempt it.

However, to blindly take apart the engine without knowing what to look for, is something I am not comfortable doing.

I have made a decision as to what I am going to do.

I am curious to know how many RX3 owners are willing to take the engine apart themselves, and attempt a repair?
.....not counting SpudRider..

jb

Last edited by jbfla; 03-25-2016 at 06:13 PM.