Thread: E85 fuel
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Man I bet those go karts we're insane fast with alcohol fuel. Just don't spill it, feel the burn, but can't see it.

Alcohol powered drag cars. Alcohol powered Indy cars, etc. Higher volatility lower Flashpoint cooler burning. Great for their purpose but for real world use not so much. I have been dosing mine Bashan 250 with the stable 360 product. I don't think they use alcohol dosed gasoline in China so the components definitely are not set up for it.

The main issues I've heard with alcohol is the incompatibility and corrosive effects on rubberized parts causing degration. The larger jet ports also makes sense . I know on outdoor powequipment such as newer lawnmowers the fuel components are being equipped to endure the higher alcohol content.

Good thread.
if you look on youtube, there are some videos of non flexfuel autos running the e85, one chevy i was watching did a complete tare down of the motor and fuel system, and it was in better shape than one running regular gas, even the rubber and plastic parts ... so i am not convinced that it harms anything at all ...