View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #4856

Thumbs Up New Member

Well, I'm coming over here from ADVRider, and although I'm going for surgery to repair a broken leg today and will be useless for the next 6 weeks, Lying in the muddy water a couple of weeks ago with my DR650 on top of a badly broken leg, gave me time to think...I need to reevaluate my riding and my needs. I need an RX3!! So, after wrestling it up, getting it off of me, out of the mud and riding home, and getting a hip to toe cast, I ordered an orange one So...for now, I'm content to read, learn and contribute basically nothing as I don't have it yet. I realized I'm more of an adventure rider than a longtime street rider trying to wrestle a huge, heavy "dirt bike" in the woods, taking it places my wifes XT225 should only go. I love smaller displacement bikes, and needed something better suited to riding both dirt and street, riding with my wife, or kids on the back. Yes, I know it's "only" a 250 and blah blah blah (this is the part where you guys understand what I'm saying), but I've had a Vstrom, and would've loved it but at 5'9" and 30" inseam, it was a no-go. SO, thank you for listening and I'll report back as needed.