View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #26

Perfect info! Thanks for the help Weld! So simple, no need for pics this time

Got the mixture screw set to 1.5 turns (in between the 2 "extremes" where the engine changes). Idle is set to "just about right" (I removed and haven't re-installed the tachometer, just went by ear).

Engine pulls all the way through the rev range now , no flat spots, no hesitation, just roars all the way to the top! Best $30 I have spent in a while.

Have to wait for an actual 'ride report', I installed a 39t rear sprocket today and still haven't had the chance to cut 4 links off the chain ... I might put the stock 56t back on just to get a test ride in... as I lost/misplaced my old chain cutter... and if I remember right , it wasn't even big enough for a Motorcycle chain anyways... I bought it for a few Mountain Bikes I was fixing up several years back

If my maths is correct, a 17t front and 39t rear sprocket should give me an acceptable cruise speed/rpm range, with a 'theoretical max speed' of 95+/- mph... I just hope the little 200cc engine has enough 'Ooomph' to pull that 'tall' of gearing at my altitude

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.