View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #1

Bike Arrived, no damage, modified pallet

As the title states, the bike was delivered today and she came out of the crate looking perfect.
tThe truck was right on time, down to the minute. Thank goodness they did not load onto a tractor trailer for delivery in this neighborhood.
for some reason the driver had to load my pallet onto another pallet for the trip from Richmond to Portsmouth. Seemed odd to me but everything worked out OK.
with the cardboard removed you can see that CSC is now reinforcing the pallets with steel. This is a pretty slick improvement. I got the 19" front wheel and knobby tires so the OEM wheel was extra. Also got the aluminum luggage upgrade...did not get the OEM bags too so am not stuck with two sets of luggage.
note how they link the two hooks to each other so they cannot pop apart. They also staple the straps to the pallet so the straps cannot shift. Lots of attention to detail.
here you can see the extra rear tire. All the boxes were padded with 1/2" thick foam padding. No wonder the bike arrived in perfect condition.

I proceeded to put about 65 miles on the bike. Now I MUST upgrade those front brake pads.