View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
One thing i wanted to ask you Joe, on every china motor vehicle {mc & atv) i have noticed a lack of grease/lube in key components. Has Gerry (damned I'm getting to feel like I know these guys lol) cracked the whip on the setup guys to solve that, or are we still looking to need to take care of some of those issues, and is/are those covered in the manual?
We alert the factory to every characteristic we see on the bikes that is not to our (or your) satisfaction, including issues such as the one you describe above. On the prototype TT250s, we noticed a lack of grease on the speedo cable, the speedo drive, and the swingarm pivots (it's one of the factors we use in determining what to include in our maintenance tutorials and service manuals). The guys at Zongshen are very receptive to all of this (they want the feedback). We're very good about following up on these things, too (there's an old adage that goes something like "it's not what you expect, it's what you inspect..."). We'll be reviewing the TT250s critically during our setups when they start arriving here (which should be in the next few days). One of the things I know I'll be checking on mine will be the grease in the areas I describe above. As we find more areas, we'll be addressing them and posting our findings on the CSC blog, just as we did on the RX3. There's no gain for us in keeping any of this stuff a secret; our customers (you) need to know it and we all (you and us) are pursuing driving these bikes toward perfection. It's been a lot of fun for me.