Thread: Break in period
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 12:05 AM   #2

****Im not advocating that this is the proper break in procedure, it it just how I did mine****

I personally did mine like this:

-Change oil immediately

-Start the bike, let it idle up to temperature (About 3-5 minutes, you dont want to overheat the engine) and let it cool down

-Change the oil and clean the screen

-Start the bike again, and ride it at a low rpm WITHOUT lugging the engine. (So just drive it where it feels easy for the engine to move the bike). Use alot of engine braking to slow the bike down. Do this for about 20 minutes or so. You should be rolling up to half throttle, and then rolling off to let the engine brake the bike.

-Let the bike cool off for an hour to a few hours if possible.

-Start the bike again, and ride it pretty much how your going to ride it. Just avoid winding the engine out too far. Drive conservatively. I did this until my odometer hit 200km

-Change the oil again

- Drive conservatively until your odometer reads 400km, now getting higher in the RPM range.

-Then let it rip! (I would also change my oil at this point, but it probably inst necessary until about the 800km mark).

Like I said, this probably isnt the right way, but its how I did it and my bike is running great. Be sure to adjust your valves before even starting the bike, it might sound like a chore, but its worth it.

I hope others will chime in on their break in methods.

Basically, dont break it in like this