View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 08:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickThrash View Post
ya one of my main issues is i dont know of any bike shops around here. which is why im ordering one online. id rather go to a shop and look at what im buying first but i dont really have any other option. and if i did send it to a shop i also dont really have a way to get it home.

but looking into it more, the assembly could possibly be something i could handle. ive worked on cars and stuff but i just dont know shit about bikes. like, i was reading about the chain tension and free play of the clutch (these things i had never heard of before looking into buying a bike) and im not sure i can accurately gauge what those should be at or even know if something is wrong with the bike
You worked on cars sooo... what more do you need to know. Righty tighty, lefty loosey. I wouldn't worry about it. If you get stuck, there are probably a least 6 people on this site, it seems, 24 hours a day, that can confidently answer your question. Just post it! The site really is an amazing crowd sourced super computer.

Jeez, spud has walked kids through complete electrical wiring systems from this forum alone.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~