View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 12:35 AM   #10

I know the cable is a minor thing, it just gave me that final hit of feeling that maybe I'd made a dumb decision. I'm still kinda fighting that overall feeling but that's just me. I second guess and stress over too many things.

I turned 46 mid-April. Not too old, but I assume older than the average China bike buyer. I didn't get along with my Duc, the riding position and a few other things about it made it uncomfortable and hard to ride aggressively while feeling in control. Since I couldn't just cruise comfortably and couldn't get the feel to push it it had no value other than being a beautiful decoration for the family room, that part it did very well. I find I can ride the CBR1100 more confidently and comfortably in all situations so I sold the Duc. Right after it went away I bought a '76 Moto Guzzi V-1000 Convert that is in project stage. I considered the difficulty in getting used to a low performance bike before buying it but I like its uniqueness. I'm guessing the TT will break me of all high performance expectations and the Guzzi will feel like a hot-rod.