View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM   #20

Thanks, guys. Today has been a pretty good day, pain wise. Busy, too. Even though I am technically on vacation, I'm still the Technical Support Supervisor and spent a few hours on the phone with customers and coworkers. My boss even called from where he is working this week to see how I am doing and he's never done that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I caught that.

Here's something to keep you busy riding, rather than busy sitting: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/5619907053.html
Weld, I grew up in Trevor. I know exactly where that's at but when I lived there, that area was a cornfield.

My view after we got home from the surgery yesterday.

At least when I wasn't asleep.

New wheels arrived today.

It's a Drive DV8 knee scooter and, in true Chinabike fashion, it needed to be taken apart and fixed first. Assembly out of the box consists of just inserting the seat and attaching the handle bars and in it's base position, it's a perfect fit. But the headset was SOOOO tight it couldn't be steered. On top of that, the headset nuts were installed with Loctite 262. At least that's what it smelled like. Took some heat to get things loosened up and removed. It looked like the bearings were just waved over the can of grease before they were installed, too. Lemme tell ya, fixing that stuff is no easy task while on crutches. But everything is now working to Cheesy standards and the little thing is a blast. A strongly worded WTF letter will be fired off to Drive this evening.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts