View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
LOL, always been a Maserati man myself also..

True story guys.....
Once took a "short" weekend drive to Reno from LA w a corp exec female friend for a PBR event in my then new Maserati convertible. Had sooo much fun on the drive, when the event ended, we looked at each other, reached the proverbial "foo kit" moment and randomly chose a line on the map heading NE and we simply "took off", canceling business obligations,clearing schedules, etc. along the way. It was literally a "wonder where this goes?" spur of the moment thing. Hell, we finally turned to head back up in Glacier National Park, did Yellowstone, and a ton of lesser places hitting the Redwood forest, and the BIG Sur on the way back down about two weeks later Gotta tell you, looking up at those mountains, those trees, that massive, and curious, bull buffalo scratching his nose on the other side of her window, an off season but good weather trip down a deserted Big Sur in an Italian convertible w a co-pilot who speaks cleverly in complete sentences is as close to Motoring Heaven as I've ever reached in a car

Was the best car road trip EVER

FastDoc,

"SALUTE!"
What an epic trip!

There's a lot of good memories there :-)

Its a special car that can fill the place of a motorcycle.

What I mean is motorcyclists often ride for the sake of riding. Our entire vacation may be travel. Our destination IS the ride.

I'd wager that is rarely the case with Camrys, Honda minivans, and Priuses.

The song of a race bred engine singing in your ear (especially if that sound is behind you) in a pure sports car changes all that though.