View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #19

500 mile servicing and valve check completed. Went better than I expected but like I said .. I got my mind right boss. I dont know how many others have run into this but my .003/.076 feeler slid in and out and was snug but not forced. The .004/.102 would not fit at all. As I said the .003/.076 was snug and felt like about what I would have set them at had I adjusted them. I left the alone and will check again at 1000 or 1200 miles. Additionally I changed oil and this time my oil definitely had the odor of fuel in it. As such I followed the lead of a couple of good folks and eliminated my OCS entirely. I removed the factory drain line on the air box and put the drain line from the OCS on it with plug installed. I'm wanting to monitor the output to see what occurs. All in all I enjoyed the job but like most ...completely agree riding the RX3 is a damned sight more fun than this !
Thanx to everyone who has posted tidbits and shortcuts on the valve check..I used several suggestions and believe they made the job much easier than doing it strictly "by the book" on the tutorial.
Attached Images

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song