Thread: Carb problem
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickerson888 View Post
I have a Sunny Motors Streak 250. It had been stored for a long time. I haven't had it long.

At first it would start with full choke and idle roughly but as soon as you touched the throttle it died. One of the throttle cables into the carb (PZ 30) wasn't working at all so I replaced that.

Now it starts just as before but when I try the throttle it's not affected at all. It doesn't even die when I give it throttle.

I haven't tried to adjust the carb so far.

Any ideas???
one of the throttle cables? the pz30 only has one throttle cable.

its likely not connected to the piston/plunger in the carb.

sounds like the jet(s) are plugged. take carb off, if not allready done cut slots in the saftey screws with a dremel, take the bowl off and use a single wire from a wire brush to eliminate any blockage in the idle jet, and a cleaner for a oxy torch to clean out the main jet..

check the bowl for any crud, and give the body a general cleaning.

take the time to figure out the cable to plunger assembly, and check that the cable is connected to the throttle handle properly as well, also tricky if you havent done it before.

you can tell the throttle is conneted properly if it snaps back when released.

if thats happening now and the throttle seems to have no effect, perhaps the needle is missing the clip or retainer is incorect..

the needle should be firmly attached to the plunger ant not move freely in and out of it but rather with it.

there are some videos on youtube showing the proper way to assembe that.

hope this helps ,sometimes I just confuse people more with my advise!