View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
Hi

Just an update, I've disconnected the battery, and also, disconnected the ECU, however, I still get the solid engine warning light, which I can't get to flash at all, any other suggestions?

Cheers

Tony
So you are saying that after you disconnected the battery for 10 min, then reconnected the battery, the solid trouble light came back on after running the engine.?
This seems to indicate there is a persistent fault

Then , without cranking over the engine, you turned the key switch to on/ off for 3 cycles and it did not start flashing a code?

I am just following the instructions as I u Der stood them from that spud link. So just wondering if you did what I did in my mind.

You might try to intentionally cause a fault by disconnecting a device in the system and see if It would then give you a flash code. Therefore you could see if the cpu is functioning as programed.

The other thing which I would try is re-seat all the connections using dielectric grease (not a popular thing to say) , you know how electronics are. One little bit of disorder and they lose their mind.

Hopefully it's in the dry with a circulating fan and it will fix the issue, might take awhile although.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~