View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #8

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Strange. They rate well and supposedly better than my Kenda's that I like on Q. We'll see....... The stockers sure seem to be surprisingly good for a stock tire regarding paved twisties and dry gravel roads.....
yeah butt, on loose grav,wet grass, or 1/4 " mud or better, that front is washout city!
immediately swapped mine for a tr8, diff between 'chit and chocolate
first thing you notice, stock tire is wayyyyy lighter, thinner walled, definitely 80/20 90/10 road biased tire. if that's what you ride, you'll b happy. if you want to follow your buddies/ kids "OUT THERE", swap it out and save yourself some headaches, (and various other contusion caused pains). Also, as my mechanic said when he saw the stock tube, "looks like a mountain bike's!"

The TR8 in front transformed my bike. now feels VERY solid and planted on road. It may make the bike a hair slower, but the feel of security and added confidence is worth it for me. no increased vibration, or noise to me.
Rear seems ok for now while I'm breaking in, but the difference in profile, aspect and traction between the stock rear and the Hawk's knobby is DRAMATIC.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking