Thread: TT250 Sprockets
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 02:27 PM   #42

ok so i installed the 47 tooth sprocket today. bunch of info to follow...

-there is no cushion on the tt hubs, the bolts holding the sprocket on thread right into the aluminum, makes the spring clip ring unnecessary.

-the jt sprockets center hole is about 1mm too small to fit all the way down and seat where the stock sprocket does, instead it fits on the end right up to the slot for the spring clip ring.

- the stock sprocket can flip upside down to be a spacer for the jt sprocket. in this configuration both sprockets can be used by loosening the chain and moving it to the other sprocket. (dual range final drive).

-with the chain on the outer sprocket (should be the same offset as stock) if the chain is properly aligned then its center line is about 1.5" to the right of the front wheels centerline - resulting in a slight crab walk.

-with the chain on the inner sprocket. (offset reversed) i think the crab walk will be to the other side.

-I believe that with the jt sprocket center hole sanded out to enlarge it just enough to slide on that it will be in the proper offset when flush.

-with the 47 tooth i hit 63 mph think i'll order the 43 tooth

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250