View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Rhino Rear End Problems Need Help and Warning

OK, here is the warning. I thought I had checked all the bolts and put blue loktite on them. I neglected the bolt for the chain tensioner and the bolt above that holds the axle in place.

How I found it was I just fixed the sputtering issue and took off riding. It was running well but when I tried to backup, it took quite a few RPM's to backup like the brake was on. When I went forward, it went fine. I rode for a few minutes and the chain came off. I thought the chain tensioner was loose so tried to adjust it and noticed the bolt that hold the end on was gone. I bought a new bolt and couldn't get it to line up. Then I noticed the bolt on the top of the axle was also gone.

I took the bolt off the other side to be sure I got the right size. When I took it off, the assembly rotated and I couldn't get it to go back. I thought maybe the shock was holding it down so took that off and luckily had a jack under the rack to make sure it did not come crashing down on the tires.

Need help now trying to get the axle assembly to rotate back up. I have the wheels off and have it jacked up as well the shock off. How do I line the axle housing up with swingarm?

WARNING: Check ALL the bolts and loktite them. Also, when removing the shock, be sure to hold up the rack and seat and body with a jack.