View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #9

I would try it stock first. At 8000 feet it might be jetted okay. I would replace fuel lines as they are normally a problem. GATES (USA) at local auto parts store is normally $1.50 a foot you shouldn't need more then 2 feet. You can pull the carb off to inspect and measure it to be sure what replacement will fit. If you have a metric bolt assortment and a left hand drill bit it might not be a bad time to unseal the stock carb. For the most part VM26 will fit CB / CG 250's but it's not a bad idea to be sure.

Stock spark plug is a NGK D8EA (2120) if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to source it locally for ~$2.50. Bike will ship with Torch branded or similar. NGK is a major step up. Iridium should be Denso IX24 (5372) locally it should be ~$6.50. You could try one of those hot coils too for ~$6.50 it might be worth a shot. The jury is out on them. If you want to make sure not to order the wrong part it's best to have the part you are replacing in hand. Almost all of these bikes are the same with slight variations but every once in a while you run in to something interesting.

Last edited by nonone; 07-26-2016 at 01:57 AM.