View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 03:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Ok you HAWK, BASHAN and probably CSC TT250 riders!!!!
Bro just showed me what he found inside the Hawk swingarm rear axle adjuster (and looks to be the same on the CSC tho haven't pulled it yet but swingarm looks the same).
In a word, its CRAP ENGINEERING!!

going to put up some photos, but bottom line, The "spacer" part is thin-wall cheap-azz metal tube of WAY TOO BIG DIAMETER to even support the axle itself. The effect is to allow the axell to slop around in the tube unsupported if not REALLY tightened down, which bends/bows the tube eventually crumpling it out of shape like a melted piece of pipe! throwing the axle out of true alignment etc.

best/easy solution replace the included spacer with one having a 5/8 thick wall tube for the axle to run through.

Let me try and get a picture up tonight.
sorry for the drama but this kind of stuff makes me mad:(
Someone tell Wolftrax to check his before setting off on his adventure. could cause a lot of problems.
Well! That would explain having to torque the axle bolts to 65 foot pounds of torque.! I can't imagine a factory making that kind of mistake. Unless this is an importer designed motor-cycle, designed from a Chinese restaurant menu of parts. You know, "We'll take 18 inch rear wheel, laced to hub out of column "b" with spokes from column "d", and a square section single shock swing-arm out of column "a". The axle is smaller than the tubing in the s/a? Oh, just torque the hell out of it so it will work till it's off warrentie. So to fix it. How much is the difference between the o.d. of the axle, and the i.d. of the axle tube in the swing arm. When we know that, maybe we can come up with a solution.