View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM   #1372

My experience with the TT 250: I did drop it and bent the bars, new ones $16, throttle tube grip assy $7, rt mirror $7, muffler heat shield was less than $20, rt lever $7. Pretty fair pricing on replacement parts and I got them in just a few days. Yesterday I hit an indicated 70mph on a looooong flat straight, I'm at 185lbs. and at just above sea level. The speedo might be a little rich. Weird mechanical noise went away at about 200km. Checked valves at 200km or so and they were good. This really surprised me. Changed oil yesterday at 400km and really nothing to speak of in the screen. I found a valvoline 20 - 50 conventional oil for motorcycles for less than $4 a qt at walmart. About a 1/4 of the km were off road, mostly on loosy goosy round rock stuff they use for logging roads around here. I'm not really comfortable with the feel on this stuff, kinda like floating around. On dry grass and dirt, feels great. This is my first bike with knobby like tires. I may need different tires for these roads. Any suggestions? Out of the box, this thing has been great. And that is what we are getting from CSC, an easily licensed, assembled, cheaply repaired machine that, at the time, cost $1,895. The tutorials have helped this carpenter learn more about mechanics. Thats one of the reasons I bought it. It's like taking an on-line class. So far so good. Another thing is getting used to such a small bike on the street as my other bikes have been much more powerful and heavy, including a couple guzzi 1100 models.