View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

Hawk Crash Damage Report

Well it finally happened. I was riding home last night doing about 55mph and some guy shot out of a driveway right infront of me. I had very little time to react and laid the back down and lowsided. My bike missed his car by inches and slid off the side of the road. This wonderful person then proceeded to take off and leave.

The hawk did pretty good, nothing broke off. The clutch lever, and left footpeg bent pretty good(collapsed the frame rail ), but it looks like I can straighten them. The left side rear plastic and front fender has some scratches, and the turn signals do as well. The front wheel also got pretty out of alignment, but I can just loosen the forks and straighten it.

I am fine for the most part, I was wearing full gear except for my jeans (stupid I know. ) My left knee is pretty scraped up, and it feels like I pulled a muscle in my back. This goes without saying, but my gear saved me from much worse and more painful injuries. My gloves did their job extremely well and kept my palm from getting skinned.

A passerby stopped about 30 seconds after it happened and helped me and the bike off the road, after a few minutes of checking myself over, the hawk fired right up and I painfully rode the rest of the way home. Good job Hawk!

I can get pictures of the damage if anyone is interested.

On that note, anyone know of some good replacement grips? Mine arent doing so hot.