View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #156

Minor Storage

Being the "fun bike" for Mrs. 2LZ and not a commuter or store runner, she wasn't interested in any big trunks or big storage.....but she was interested in a glove box type of bag that could hold her wallet, glasses, cell phone or a water bottle. I took some rough measurements and put them on the cell phone for later usage.

I hit Cycle Gear on the way home yesterday and took a wander and ran into this. The Bilt (Cycle Gear's House Brand) magnetic mini tank bag....and it measured out almost perfectly.

It has two magnetic wing flaps that can slip either under or over the tank plastics, glasses holder size zipper cases on each side and a decent center compartment that's expandable 3+". It also came with a carry handle, shoulder strap and a rain bag....so I snagged it. It was on sale for 24.00 and seemed just as heavy duty and well built as mini tank bags there costing twice as much.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...-mini-tank-bag

It clears the gas cap so you can still fill without removing it and it doesn't impede with your sitting position on the seat. It also seems the perfect small bag size for the worthless "rack" that the Hawks and TT's share so I'm thinking of making a large Velcro splotch and maybe mounting it back there like my Moose Racing bag is on Q. Options...

Anyway, if you're looking for an inexpensive glove compartment and don't mind an unsightly wart dawning the beauty of the TT gas tank, this could work.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 02-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.