View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #160

Brake Bleeding

Well, my damn sprocket has yet to arrive so I've been trying to pick up the last of the pieces around the rear rim being off and on-hold. I've had plenty of opportunity now to go over the TT250 with a fine tooth comb and see what I may have missed. Not much.....

Last night I decided it was time to bleed the front brake since it was assembled and Mrs. 2LZ was available to assist. Many here have complained about the brakes, either due to gunk on the rotors, pads that take forever to seat or whatever. I can say this beyond the shadow of a doubt....DUMP THAT STOCK CRAP AND PUT IN SOME GOOD DOT 4 NOW!

My brakes worked ok. No real complaints...but I didn't like how much free play was in the lever, nor the spongy feel to them, especially on a hard squeeze...but they did stop. I can tell you that after we bled them and ran about 2 ounces of a good quality DOT 4 through it, it's a whole new brake! The free play is normal now and the spongy feel has vanished and has been replaced by a nice, solid feel. I can't wait to get it out on the road and see what difference it makes in stopping power. I'm definitely bleeding the RX3 once the TT250 is off the rack.
I mean....who'dah thunk that some of these Chinese fluids may not have been top grade? ;-) Just like the fork fluid and motor oil, change the brake fluid.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 02-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.