View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
It seems that when (some of) these masters are filled with the spongy brake fluid from the factory, there may be an over-fill and some of it finds its way down the screw hole. Of course, DOT 3 is very corrosive and you see the result. It's not that the little screw is too cheap, it's that it's living in an adverse environment. I hit it lightly on the wire wheel (so light it didn't burn my fingers) and it took most of the threads with it thanks to the extensive corrosion. They didn't stand a chance.
I encountered a similar problem when I replaced the brake reservoir on my TT250. There was no problem with the new one that was empty, but the old one screw really didn't want to let go. I didn't have the brains to think of using an impact tool on it, so I just drained the fluid all the way out and filled it all the way up. Even after I took the old reservoir off the bike, the screw just didn't want to come loose, so I decided to toss it.

New brake fluid makes an incredible difference though. I went from barely being able to stop to being able to make the front end dive noticeably when I apply the brake. It's far better now than it was before.

Current: CSC TT250