View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #8

I know the guy has a ton of subscribers...myself among them. This guy can certainly have some influence over the popularity of the bike, as well as its reliability and it's "acceptance" into the ADV culture. I don't think he's going to sway any of us, as this seems like a mature crowd here and on the thread on ADVRider. I am very interested in following along as he's going to do some mods, and ride it further and harder than I probably will. I do hope it's not going to turn into a hate fest or just an all out juvenile bashing session for YouTube publicity/ratings. Like I said in my previous post, he seems educated, fair, well spoken and claims it will be honest and real. I hope it is.

CSaddict has a very salient point, I've seen what this guy does on his rides, and when he takes his KLR... I'd not take a KLR nor an RX3 on those rides. Also, he rebuilds the KLR pretty often, for fun or necessity I'm not sure. I'd hate to see him put the RX3 in a situation where it's set up to fail. It'd be like watching the American version of the Top Gear show, where you just know the car will end up as a smoking, twisted hulk as they (and their viewers) laugh their way to it's demise. It would be nice if the RX3 came out as a surprise badass....