View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #10

All good suggestions thank you!

I'm not much of a carb nut that's interesting about the Keihin's jets vs. Mikuni. The mains both fit each other but, not the pilot jets it seems.

I do some hard off roading with the hawk. It seems to handle just fine wheelies and jumps and all that. I'm actually quite impressed with the welds compared to my Japanese bikes. I might of got a good one out the batch who knows, it's very well made for a Chinese bike. For sure.

As for the overhead valves. I think they just need to be tight. I don't think this motor works the same as other motorcycles, it's based on a super old design. It's a one lobed cam it seems. It's probably due though.

As for the shock maybe I blew the seal or something. I literally can put my pinky finger on it and it pushes way down easy. Does anyone know any sweet rear shocks that fit? OOH! That actually sounds like a cool idea!

I live in NewHampshire USA. #115 main is what I'm running now. Too rich??? How does sea level effect my jetting? Where's Bill Nye when you need 'em?

Thanks again, you guys rock!