View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #11

Oh, no--that is NOT the origin of the engine by a far shot, LOL. What I find/found strange was the fact that the engines are 'code-named' the exact same thing no matter who the manufacturer of origin is--i.e, the engine in my TMEC 200 is a 163 FML, manufactured by Zongshen, but Lifan also has a 163 FML. I am quite sure others make it, too...19X cc, all calling it the 163FML. I remember when CCW first came out with 'Da Heist' a few years back, they mentioned that Lifan was their OEM, although their engine is proprietary (or at least was, back then) to CCW, so it wouldn't be common to Lifan's own bikes or other manufacturers who sourced their own engines from Lifan. Also, a good source of nonsense trivia which I find interesting is going to the EPA site and downloading their certification data of all the bikes certified as DOT/EPA for any given year. Interesting factoid (or nonsense trivia) is while the engine in the CCW bikes is Lifan-sourced, the bikes are manufactured by Qingqi. Qingqi are, or were, the OEM for some of Suzuki's under 250cc bikes, and their 200cc engine as installed in some of their enduros are near-identical to Suzuki's own 200cc engine found in their DR200. But, they only manufacture the chassis for CCW. Anyway, if you want to see the list, here is the link--scroll down and see all the manufacturers certified for cars, trucks, off-road, etc. The lists are XLS spreadsheets so you need to download them and stretch some of the lines to see all the details for particular categories.

https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/crttst.htm

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard