View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Great thread and a real eye opener on what to expect with the TT250! Like stated earlier some of this may put a potential TT250 owner off the idea of buying the bike but once you get all the little bugs worked out it looks like it will be a great bike! Now did i read that right where it is mentioned that the rear sprocket is originally for a Honda XL185? Between that info and the mention of the Unibear chain it is giving me ideas for my XL to get it running cheap!
I certainly hope this thread doesn't run off any potential buyers....but if it does, it will be the buyers that would normally not jump on a CB anyway due to mental apprehension. I just wanted to take it completely down and give it a good "butt sniff" for everyone. It's not like everything I did had to be done to make it acceptable. There's plenty of folks here who are quite happy uncrating and riding with very few tweaks or adjustments.

Bottom line is, the TT250 is a great CB....the best Hondoid I've played with yet. For my particular "analness", it still needed a little TLC out of crate...but then so did my neighbors brand new Honda 450. I'm not sure if he ever did get that dialed in.

The JTR269 sprocket is for the XL185 from what I hear. I can tell you this too, after running this Unibear chain for a while now, it has yet to really stretch, which is amazing for a brand new chain and it's still running super quiet. So far, worth every penny.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350