View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
Stock, I could get it to the low 50s. With a 17T front and a carburetor hack, I can hit the low 60s.

I don't consider it a highway bike for that and other reasons, like the knobbys and brakes. It's a great dual sport and secondary road bike, but sustained cruising on US highways seems rather adventurous to me. Here in TX, the top speed limit is 85, most rural highways are 70.

I'm very pleased with what it does and its limitations, but I didn't buy it for commuting or cruising. If I needed to do serious road time, I'd look at something else.
Ware in Texas is the speed limit 85? (I am also in Texas, the highest limit I have seen is 75mph....)

"All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art." -Roman Payne

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." -Mark Twain

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it."
-(Letter to Étienne Noël Damilaville, May 16, 1767)

Last edited by JohnDoe2887; 08-22-2016 at 06:14 PM.