View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
70 is asking a lot from any of the China bikes. That would be top speed with the right conditions. Replacing the knobbies with street tires will help with a couple mph and a more stability at higher speed.

The best solution is to find a different route.
I must be asking a hell of a lot from my little Bashan 197cc then... I ride that China Bike on I-25 going 70 - 75 mph for an hour or 2 straight (7,000+ RPMs)... no real problems other than fuel economy dropping below 60 mpg at those speeds... and the days with 30+ mph winds I can only go about 63 mph without a wind break from a car/truck in front of me...

Granted... I only weigh 120lbs... and the Bashan has 17t front 39t rear sprockets... and the 197cc engine has 9:1 compression... but I really don't see why the HAWK with the 229cc engines can't do 70 mph for a measly 1 mile stretch... I've gone over 100 miles on I-25 going 70+ the whole time...

Maybe it's time to talk the Mrs. into buying me a HAWK/TT250... that way I can see first hand how much slower 32 extra cc's is

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.