View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
Yes, I was dealing with Motobuys renaming today... they had people thinking the Hawk was a Vento, it was a real hassle to figure out what was going on...

The Magicians are only in Dallas, we had a warehouse in LA this summer but it was a waste of money... in the summer, sales on the West Coast are pretty dismal since California is a no-go zone... Our new smarter plan is to open a warehouse in either Atlanta or Cincinnati
I would put my warehouse in either Mobile, Alabama or New Orleans, Louisiana, or Galveston/Houston, Texas. Seaports. Shorter trucking distances to potential customers in the east, midwest, and the southwest. All of them are located on Interstate routes. All of them have very good rail service.
New Orleans and Houston have great truck service. Adam, I think the most important thing is maintaining the Hawk as a name brand. That way you can get dealers, and build enough traffic in order to have real first class parts distribution. The first C/B outfit in the United States to realise this is going to end up the big winner. It would also allow you to sell higher profit after sales parts, like a rear shock with adjustable dampening, for one. I don't think you can offer this on the original bike, as it raises production costs too high.

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 09-13-2016 at 05:56 PM.