View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #36

I'm getting waay ahead of myself here. I really like the Hawk so I do plan on getting one. I've been looking into all of the upgrades for these bikes (carb, jets, sprockets, chain, etc...) and I've read so many threads, and watched so many videos that my head hurts.

Carb
I believe I read somewhere that someone was able to get the bike to run great at speed by leaving the carb alone and changing the rear sprocket to a 45t. Is there any truth to this? If not, tuning the carb will be one of the first things I do. As far as rejetting the stock carb or swapping in a mikuni carb, I don't know what's best for me. I'm assuming I'll have to get the bike and see for myself what it needs and if that's the case, I need some direction on what jets to get off ebay. Motocheez used these on his stock carb but what about pilot jets? Anyone have a link to a #30 pilot jet (which is what most people in my area run them at)? A link to a Mikuni rhat they used that has been awesome and problem free would be nice too.

As far as sprockets go, I have no problem replacing both front and rear. If I were to just replace the front, would the chain need to be shortened? Just the rear?

The carb and finding the jets that will work with each carb is what's got me frsutrated. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got a red one to go look at this weekend. If I like it, I'll offer him $1000, if he says no, I'll walk.