View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 12:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Yeah, I used to have a bike and ride a lot. Road only. But it's been over 20 years so I plan on taking the intermediate and advanced road safety classes and then after getting the hang of it and playing on gentle dirt I want to take an off-road class with someone like PSSOR. But their last class of the year is next weekend and then nothing till May. May have to road trip south and take one in Cali or Arizona. Maybe I can get some lessons from Everide :-)
When I got back into motorcycling after a 20 year hiatus I debated taking the intermediate class or the beginner class. I decided on the beginner class and was glad I did. A lot of good information, particularly in the classroom, that was not even mentioned in the intermediate I took several years later. Sure, it was a bit slow going in the beginning of the on-bike portion, but that did not last long, and it was good review. The course was designed for someone with no motorcycle experience but who had a driver's incense and could ride a bicycle.