View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #1

Headlight help! Lol

Hey guys!

Has anyone here ever cut up a sealed beam headlamp and converted it to a replaceable bulb type headlamp? I picked up a beat up little 93 Suzuki AE50 scooter to play around with and I've managed to get all the lights working except the headlamp is burnt out. Seems to be a sealed beam unit as you can't remove the bulb itself and it even has 12 volt written on the back of the glass. Quick google searches revealed no replacements online for the sealed beam model. Haven't tried Suzuki yet, but I'm guessing it would be worth it's weight in gold to get one brought in?

Could a person dremel the back of the light bulb off and try to fit a regular 3 prong bulb in there? Or would I be wiser to try to find another rectangular headlight with replaceable bulb and try to bodge that in?

It's just for legalities, I have no intention of ever taking it out after dark. I just want it to meet our safety regs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas .

Edit: Led replacements would be cool too... I don't imagine the stator puts out much juice on this thing.