View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
EXACTLY!...and it always happened on a single ramp! The "proper boater" preps in the parking lot, unhooks the winch, backs in with a friend at the wheel or to catch it and get it out of the way, dumps the boat, and pulls out as quickly as possible.

I about had seizures when a guy would back down (after 5 attempts)....then he'd start to transfer everything and all his gals would lay out the towels and start to put on lotion. When a ramp on a busy river has a half dozen boats waiting in line....GIT-'ER-DUN!

I've seen "normally intelligent people" turn into complete morons when a boat is involved. I'm sure you've seen the same.
A single ramp or even worse, in the middle of a double making it a single.

Great example: I'm in line to get on the ramp talking to the guy ahead of me who's bitching about the slow mutherFer on the ramp, really over the top bitching. Slow poke finally gets out and the guy ahead of me gets on the ramp and then starts to put in the plug, put up the bimini top, load the food, get the ice chest, etc. with his buddy just watching. Finally he looks ready to go and as he gets in the boat his buddy takes off to go to the bathroom....?!? All that time standing around waiting and neither took a single step towards being ready. I was solo launching a cuddy cab without a ramp side dock, not the easiest thing in the world. Launch, dock the boat, walk back and pull truck off the ramp; just under 4 min. The complainer was on over 10 min. as was the guy behind me. I was initially going to invite the guy behind me to move my truck once I slid off but he was red-faced bitching about the guy in front of me and I didn't trust him to not do something stupid.