View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #54

More Farkles

After receiving my $380 credit from CSC for their retroactive sales credit I ordered and today received the side stand pad and my Tourfella luggage.

The side stand pad is very nice and was just a drop in and screw down. Looks good and is very substantial. I put some loctite on the screws to make sure it stays together.

As others have said about the Tourfella luggage, they look very nice. Only a single of nit on the luggage itself. I wish it had the same removal feature as seen on the BMW type moto's. I'm going to put in liners so it's easy to empty the contents to turn the side or bottom thumb wheels to remove them.

Now, also as others have said, the quality of the luggage rack is pretty bad. On mine, it had lots of nicks and such with paint missing, the threads were not cleaned up and I had to use my tap/die set to clean them so the bolts would thread in. there is no documentation so it takes a bit to figure out which bolts to use for each place, and the orientation of the various pieces. There were some washers and some lock nuts but not enough for all of them and without directions I used them where it made sense to me. finally as previously discussed, the rack is built incorrectly for the RX3 such that the left turn signal presses up against the luggage and actually has to bend out of the way. As another on this forum did, I ended up putting in a long bolt/nut combo to wedge away the mount to clear it from the light. works fine but not ideal and it leaves the luggage slightly canted inward on that side.

I added some photo's to my Farkle Photobucket: http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/jo...?sort=2&page=1

Take care!